MMSys'21 will be hosting a challenge for high-school students. This will be a first in the MMSys' history and all the finalists will attend MMSys'21 free of charge.
The main goal behind this challenge is to provide a platform for high-school students to present their innovative ideas and showcase their demos to world-class researchers in the multimedia field. This is a great opportunity for the students to meet and get involved with the research community and receive valuable feedback. Themes for the challenge include all kinds of new ideas and technologies using multimedia in such areas as IoT, cyber-physical systems, smart cities, biomedical sciences, transportation, environment, education and gaming.
Main contributor(s) must be a high-school student.
In case of participating as a team, the team must have five members or less.
Submissions and posters must be in English.
Each entry will be judged according to the following criteria:
- Relevance of the topic to the intended audience,
- Novelty and practical implications of the proposed idea(s),
- Quality of the presentation,
- Clarity and completeness of the results (if any),
- Compliance with the submission and formatting guidelines.
- Submissions: N/A
- Announcement of the finalists: N/A
- Presentations and demos: N/A
Submissions must include the name, school and contact information for each team member, a short abstract (250 words max) of the proposed idea and an electronic version of the poster in PDF format. See below for the formatting guidelines of the posters. Submissions should be emailed to the challenge chair (Tankut Akgul) by the submission deadline.
There will be two phases for the challenge. In the first phase, a small committee will evaluate the submissions and determine a set of finalists. The authors will be notified and the finalists will be invited to the second phase of the challenge, which will be held during MMSys'21. In the second phase, the students are expected to bring in their printed posters to present to the audience. The students should also carry out their demos at the conference venue. Following the presentations and demos, the winners will be decided. Exact submission details will be provided as the submission deadline approaches.
- All posters should be in portrait format and have A0 size (1189x841 mm).
- The text in the posters should be concise.
- Posters should be enriched with graphics, diagrams, pictures, etc.
- Posters must include a title and should be organized into sections such as introduction, methodology and results.
- The headings should have a font size of 42-48pt and the content should have a font size of 24-32pt.
An example poster template can be found here.
All the finalists will get a certificate and attend MMSys'21 free of charge.
The first, second and third team will be awarded 1,000 USD, 500 USD and 200 USD, respectively.
The members of the first, second and third teams will be accepted to the High School Research Internship Program at Ozyegin University for Summer 2021.
If you have any questions, please contact the challenge chair (Tankut Akgul).