Diversity and Inclusion
MMSys is deeply committed to providing a respectful and inclusive environment for exchanging ideas and networking. Our mission is to make the conference a welcoming and safe place for researchers to present their research results and to spark innovative ideas, regardless of age, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, (dis)ability, physical appearance, race, ethnicity, nationality, marital status, military status, veteran status, religious beliefs, dietary requirements, childbirth and pregnancy-related medical conditions or childcare requirements. We also respect any other status protected by laws of the country in which the conference is being held.
As the organizing committee, we commit to providing a harassment-free and pleasant conference experience with equity in rights for all participants. We do not tolerate harassment of conference participants. Harassment includes but is not limited to overt and/or covert acts of:
- Verbal accusations or bullying
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following both in person and online
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Interference with a person’s participation or opportunity for participation
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
We expect all interactions between attendees to be respectful and constructive, including interactions during the review process, at the conference itself and on social media. Conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference (without a refund) at the discretion of the conference organizers.
Since MMSys is an ACM conference, attendees, speakers and organizers are bound by ACM's Policy Against Harassment. Participants will be asked to confirm their commitment to upholding the policy upon registeration. The policy covers interaction at the conference venue, but also related interaction, e.g., on social media. The policy is an explicit statement of our commitment, as a community, to inclusion and safety at the conference.
Anyone witnessing or subject to an unacceptable behavior should notify the general chairs (2020-general-chairs AT acmmmsys.org) or the diversity and inclusion chairs (2020-diversity-chairs AT acmmmsys.org).
Note: This statement was adopted from ACM SIGCHI 2017 and ACM MM 2019.
The registration fees are listed below. MMSys'20 features extra discounts for SIGMM members and follows SIGMM's "Access All Areas" policy. Online participation information will be shared only with those who register on time.Registration
For authors, the deadline is April 30th:
- Author (both ACM and SIGMM members): €150
- Author (ACM members): €250
- Author (all others): €350
For participants, the deadline is June 5th:
- Online participation (both ACM and SIGMM members): Free
- Online participation (ACM members): €25
- Online participation (all others): €125
Policies and Notes
- Each accepted paper at MMSys’20 (including research, demo and industry, open dataset and software tracks as well as grand challenges) and the co-located workshops must be covered by a unique author registration to be included in the proceedings. The fee must be paid by April 30th. The only exception is for the papers in the demo and industry or open dataset and software tracks whose authors have already paid for a research track or workshop paper on the same subject, which must be confirmed by the program chairs.
- A professional (or student) can join ACM for $99 (or $19) and can also join SIGMM for another $20 (or $15). In other words, it pays off to become a member.
- Author registration includes online participation.
- You must register even if there is no payment involved.
- For payment related issues, email acmmmsysregistration AT dekongroup.com.